Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1.5 hours including cooling time
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
• Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, capsicum and garlic, and cook, stirring often, for 7-8 minutes or until soft.
• Add the paprika, tomato, tomato paste, olives and tuna and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until well combined and any liquid is absorbed.
• Add parsley and season to taste. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Set aside for 1 hour to cool.
• Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a baking tray with oil line with baking paper. Combine the egg yolk and water in a small bowl.
• Use a round 11.5cm round cutter to cut 12 discs from the pastry. Lightly brush the edges of the pastry discs with the egg yolk mixture.
• Place 1 heaped tablespoonful of the mixture on half of each pastry disc. Fold in half to enclose the filling. Press the edges with a fork to seal. Place on the prepared baking tray.
• Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with egg yolk mixture. Use a skewer to prick each empanada several times. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly. Serve.